What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
The cookies we use
- To keep track of your shopping cart contents so that they are up-to-date regardless of the page you visit.
- Some videos embedded in our pages may use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
- Adjust preferences you may have set during your visit to our site, such as your selected language preference.
- Maintain information about your login status.
- Store information about affiliate activities (for affiliates only).
- Identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system (we don’t keep the details of that data, just summaries, totaled figures, calculated results, etc.). The data is also anonymized so no specific personal information is used for our analysis.
What types of cookies do we use?
Most of our cookies are temporary cookies – i.e., they are deleted after your browsing session ends (when you close your browser tabs that are displaying our pages). These are essential for us to know, for example, if you are logged in or not. Analytics cookies are temporary, provide us anonymized information, and expire when you close your browser. We do also use Persistent cookies for some necessary activities.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection and/or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know using our Contact Us information page. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.